Saturday, July 9, 2011

Week 2-Decades Week-Mountaineers

this week... it is so hard to explain the experiences that I have at this magical place!
so i was a counselor this week! WAHOO!!! I had mountaineers (3rd and 4th year campers).  This made the week really smooth! they all wanted to be there, not homesick, not complaining! it was wonderful.

a few fun things we did:
slept in the barn
slept in the teepee
did the perch (climb a 30 ft tree, stand on a swiveling small circle platform, jump off and touch bell)
zipline
dutch oven cookout
started the FIRST fire of the season
hiked to Lake Mary in the rain, snow, mud, and dark
hiked to the saddle of Clayton's Peak
they picked camp names

it was a great week.  I didn't expect to love the girls that quickly and that much.  It's so true what they say-when you serve someone it helps you to love them.  I was constantly trying to make a difference in their life.  the hardest time I had was knowing that I only have ONE week.  one week to make a difference, change a life, build up a testimony, teach how to love, teach how to serve, and to show them that we "are daughters of our Heavenly Father who loves us".  I hope i made a difference. 

so...
Ducky
Bacon
Canine
Eminem
Mickey

I love you and thank you for one of the best weeks of my life. I miss you already.  Remember how amazing you are.

"overnighter" in the barn







my P.D. sos shasta!

staff "meeting"  PAZOOKIE!

my first time EVER doing perch!

all ready to shower-ohhhh water not working at Skunk

TEEPEE!

cookout :)

No comments:

Post a Comment