Sunday, December 12, 2010

5 months & 5 days

Bryce has been gone for 5 months and 5 days.  More specifically it has been 159 days. It feels like it has been years already.  He is serving in Panama.  "I am now here in zone of Chitre and the area is Augadulce and that means sweet water. "
he sounds AMAZING! i have never heard him talk like this.  I can tell he is still just as fun and loving and carefree... but he is also spiritual, mature, and humble.  It has been interesting and exciting to see.

Exerpts from the E-mail sent on December 6, 2010

"We have a lot of investigators in my new area the area is huge, I can’t believe it’s lots of walking for me.  So the work is good here we had 4 people this week say they believe in the BofM.  We will get them in the water very soon so that is good  and I think there will be more.  The church that we are in here is small.  All it is, is a house so that was a little different to be at church in a house, with not a lot of members so that is too bad like priest quorum this week there was 8 of us and 3 where missionaries and 1 was a investigator so that was a little different.  For district meeting we have to take a bus for like an hour and a half and then go back so that takes up a lot of our time.  I should have a lot of success here in Sweet Water or at least I hope so."

"My new companion Elder Cobba is really weird but he works hard and that does not come around very much with Latino elders and he is really helping me with my spanish.  I am just trying to learn my new area and the people here and my companion was here before me so we are not both new.  I can’t wait to see what this week has in store for me, it should be a good one, yet again one more week down.  Love you all and hope everything is going good."

I CAN NOT wait to talk to him on Christmas.  I feel so blessed that his family is happy to include me in that special phonecall and that he would ask them to do so.  His family is so welcoming to me whenever i am home for any reason and they still invite me to everything.  The GOODFELLOWS have such big hearts and i am so lucky to have fallen in love with a boy that comes from such an awesome family. 

I think about him and miss him everyday.  I try not to be selfish with my feelings and try to remember that he is EXACTLY where i want him to be.  The people of Panama need him in their lives more than i do right now.  I'm so proud of him and for the choices that he has made! I look up to him so much.  I guarantee he will never understand what an amazing example he is and has always been to me. I'm the luckiest girl in the world. I'm so lucky that he writes to me every week. I'm so lucky that he loves me. I'm so lucky. Panama is so lucky to have him for these two years.  They will never know.



No comments:

Post a Comment