Friday, January 6, 2012

little joys.

a normal thing my entire life.  
the postman dressed in light and dark blue.
his leather side bag in tow. going from home to home.
bringing junk mail, bills, holiday and birthday cards, and (more recently) AARP advertisements for my parents.
but since July 7, 2010... mail took on a whole new meaning.
the envelope with red and blue stripes on the edge.. that international envelope.
not many other things in life can bring that kind of joy.  
the simplicity of a hand written letter from a far away country. 
reminding you that someone is thinking of you.

2 comments:

  1. Be sure you don't rip the letter when your rip the envelope open! I was reading your bucket list and I love it!!! Get to it Aubs!!! It NOW or NEVER! I love you so much xoxo

    ReplyDelete