Monday, August 22, 2011

Week 8-Christmas Week-1st Years



well I did it! 8 whole weeks of campers. 9 weeks in total! this last week was a complete WHIRLWIND of emotions! I wanted to endulge in every single second and I also had to make sure I was giving 100% to those campers.
I had all first year campers this week-for the FIRST time EVER.
that was a challenge! they asked lots of questions, some home sickness, some injuries, some non members, some from really difficult backgrounds, some already having word of wisdom issues.
every challenge possible.
but it was SO amazing!
Morgan
Alexis
Paige

Frederica

Madison

Gabi

Natalie

Megan

Emma

Kylie

Eva
Elizabeth
monday night was theme party filled with snowflakes, dress up, and santa's lap.
tuesday night was legend. and once we tucked the girls in we had STAFF "MEETING". we did our gift exchange. star drew my name and my gift was for dynamite! it was such a fun night.








wednesday was a HARD day. I don't know exactly why.  wonderful Moki offered to take my girls for an hour and the day turned around from there. cookout was great and testimony meeting was EVEN better. they were all so tender and sincere and it was really powerful.





thursday night was devotional and my cute mom and sister came up for it.  a couple campers had to leave that day for mandatory 7th grade day at their school.  that night while they were asleep we stuffed their "stockings" (a sock we had them save at the start of the week).





friday it was time to say goodbye-i cried AS USUAL!  
that night we moved out of our cabins, had a big chrismtas dinner, memory gift exchange (i got abu's and she got mine), and a testimony meeting.  followed by a GIANT sleepover in the George.











on saturday morning we all cleaned up camp and then headed to rock to get a shirt, picture and say goodbye. then we were hit with the news that the road connecting the bowl and camp was going to be closing in 10 minutes and we wouldn't be able to get out for 2 hours. we "creeped" and prayed sooo fast and ran out of there! not too many goodbyes. like a band-aid. i walked back up from the bowl to paint my name in Columbine and Bluebell.  great great week. great great summer. i'll do another post that's more about my overall experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment