Friday, August 26, 2011

loveONEanother

I have been back from Brighton for about 1 week now.
I.CANT.BELIEVE.IT.
and I can't believe how much I miss it.
I thought I would relish in the free time, more sleep, tv, cell phone, family.
While I am enjoying these things I miss my best friends.
I miss my Mountain Home So Dear.
This summer the main thing I learned was how to love and serve.
I have never noticed so many opportunities to serve as I did this summer.
Every single staff member was tired but even during breaks they would offer to do what they could to help out. whether it be taking campers for a while, setting something up for someone, or just giving a hug.
I will never forget this summer for as long as I live. I will take my future husband there. my future kids and grandkids there. I will show them where I painted my name, where I knew without a doubt that God loved me, where I made my lasting friends.
FAREWELL SONG
Goodbye canyon friends. Farwell to you.
Your visit here at Brighton now is ended.
We offer you or friendship true, until we meet again.

Remember the times you've had here.
Remember when you're away.
Remember the friends you've made here,
And don't forget to come back some day.

Remember the hills and woodlands,
the skies of heav'nly blue.
For you girls belong to Brighton
and Brighton belongs to you.

Farwell to you, girls of M.I.A.
The time for you to leave us now is nigh.
Our final words we'll sing to you,
"Be good.  God bless you.  Goodbye."


No comments:

Post a Comment