Monday, February 14, 2011

valenTIMES

well happy valentines day, single awareness day, whatever you'd like to call it.  This valentines day I am stuck somewhere in the middle.  There is no card, no roses, no hot date. This is different, however, than my past valentines that didn't include these things. I am NOT loveless.  There is a boy, thousands of miles away, that loves me and is thinking about me today. I know he is wishing he was able to be here with me on valentines.  I'm proud of him for being where he should be, even if it isn't with me.
a little thing about him.. he calls this day valenTIMES day. I would always make fun of him for this... one of the words he says incorrectly.  I find it adorable. I have found myself saying it and writing it this way. 

I see the hustle and bustle of this day around me.  Friends planning dates, getting presents, concocting surprises.  I'd by lying if I said this didn't phase me. I do wish I had someone making plans for me... but in all honesty if it wasn't from my TRUE valenTIME then it wouldn't mean anything.  He is the one that i want a "happy valentines" from. he is the one i want "roses" from.  I want to sit at dinner with him. I want to kiss HIM goodnight. 

so for now... this valentines day. and the next. I will be a patient girl.  dateless, cardless, roseless, but NEVER loveless.



last valentines day... we were matching-not on purpose :) great minds think alike


so...to my boy in panama... HAPPY VALENTMES DAY!

2 comments:

  1. i love u aubi... be strong!!! youll have a life time of vdays with him! i feel it deep in the bones of my existance. (creep saying or...) haha im weird

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute!!! love this post. only one more v day and he's home!!

    ReplyDelete