Thursday, July 19, 2012

guess who's back!!

ok... so July 12th came! It FINALLY came! his flight was to come in from Dallas, TX at 8 pm! I was doing anything possible to keep busy: wrapping his presents, cleaning my room, watching tv, going to the store.
Around 7 I got a call... his flight was delayed.. 8:45 pm. not too bad! I can manage.
Then another phonecall, and another, and ANOTHER.
12:25am on July 13, 2012!
what was the world doing to me? I had waited 2 years already and I was getting antsy. 
All the rain in Miami did some serious damage on his, elder alleys, and elder martins travel day.
Around 11 me, my mom, and my sister headed down to SLC International Airport. 
We met up with his family and not so patiently waited.
at 12:30 am.. the words on the flight screen changed from "enroute" to "arrived"! I jumped! I cried!



now as the goodfellows, alleys, and martins gathered around the exit we all waited.  Peering down the aisle trying to catch a glimpse of boys in suits and ties.
When I saw his cute smile turn the corner it took my breath way. 
I moved to the end of the line behind his family.
When he got to me we shared a semi-awkward hand shake (he wanted to be obedient to the end).


he.is.home. those words kept playing through my mind. I was in unbelief. 
I drove my mom and sister home and headed down to Chad St. for chocolate mousse with the goodfellows.  We waited for him to get home from being released. 
When he walked in the door his family made us hug in front of them. first hug in TWO YEARS. 
Following that he handed out gifts and showed us things he picked up in the mission.  As the family filtered home around 2:30 am it was just me and him. 
me and him.
he hadn't been alone with a girl in two whole years and I imagine he felt a little uncomfortable. 
We sat on the couch and started to talk. Honestly I don't really remember what we talked about but before we knew it-it was 6:30 in the morning! we were leaving for bear lake in 5 hours. So I headed home, showered, packed and drove right back down. By the time I reached my nap on the way to bear lake I had been awake for 30 hours.  I was past tired.  the day had felt like an entire week.
By the time we hit bear lake me and him were right back in our element. 
He still was getting used to things but we could talk like we didn't skip a beat. 
It was a rainy weekend but we made it onto the lake a few times! it was great to have a combination of family time and alone time all in one weekend! This weekend was very good for us but also personal.  So you don't get ALL the details. Just know that it is so nice to have him home! It feels good to pick up where we left off as two stronger people.  I haven't smiled this much in a very long time and I can only hope it keeps going like this.
Welcome back Elder Bryce Goodfellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment