Saturday, June 18, 2011

a fish is a woman's best friend...

this thursday evening, my beloved fish "Panama" passed away. 
Bryce game him to me the day before he left on his mission.  I LOVED that fish.  friends can attest to this.
i cried the first time I forgot to feed him. 

when i saw that he wasn't moving-I crumbled to the ground in tears.  once i found the strength to go to my bed-I cried myself to sleep. 

in the morning my dad got rid of him so I wouldn't have to look at him again.

it really made for a rough night and morning.  but my sister Trisha and her two kids saved the day.  her kids loved Panama as much as I did and they cried when she told them the news.  Her daughter Kaylee replied with "so dogs are a mans best friend and fish are a womans best friend?" and when I saw Jaxon he said "I'm sawwyy Panama died aubwee" 

They picked me up with lots of love-took me to the pet store to get me a new friend.  I now have a friend that is a Black Lotus Beta named Panama Jr. (shocker right?!) 

He is adorable.  He's got some big shoes to fill.  If this fish lives at least a year like Panama did-he could make it to Bryce's Homecoming! that is the plan! come on P.J.-i believe in you! 


R.I.P. PANAMA

1 comment:

  1. This is the cutest thing i have EVER read! "i cried the first time i forgot to feed him." hahahaha. You have the biggest heart & I love you so much. I am so happy that Trisha took you to go get a new fishy. PJ. Such a perfect name. Almost to the 1 year marker :) yippppppe! love you aubsibear!!

    ReplyDelete